Our next class begins on January 10, 2019. If you want to apply follow the below steps:
Step 1. Determine Eligibility
* Volunteer for the program.
* 16-18 years old (must be 16 by the first day and cannot turn 19 before the start of the program).
* Legal resident of the United States and of Oregon.
* Academically deficient or at-risk of dropping out of high school.
* Free from any serious involvement with the law, free of felony charges and no pending court proceedings.
* Physically / Mentally capable to participate.
Step 2. Attend An Orientation
It is mandatory that all applicants and their legal guardian attend an orientation.
Step 3. Complete Application
Complete the full application and return the application to OYCP no later than deadline of December 14, 2018. The Admissions Department will not consider incomplete applications or applications received after the application deadline. Please ensure you have signed all forms requiring your signature. Applications may be emailed (preferred method), mailed or faxed. OYCP does not accept responsibility for lost applications. It is your responsibility to ensure we have received your full complete application.
Step 4. Selection
OYCP will select 156 Cadets, comprised of 120 males and 36 female applicants. Selection of candidates will be accomplished prioritizing applicants on a combination of age and academic standing, selecting those applicants eldest who are most “academically at risk” to youngest who are least “academically at risk”. Applicants that have submitted a complete application, have been selected, and verbally accepted an offer to attend the program will be mailed an invitation letter; this letter will be sent at a minimum of 14 days prior to the start date. It is important to follow the detailed instructions in the invitation.
Please call or email our Admissions Department if you have further questions at the contact information below:
541-317-9623 ext 223